School: 803-425-8930 ext. 3601
I am a proud product of South Carolina public schools and universities. I received my excellent education through Lancaster County School District, Winthrop University, and the University of South Carolina. Using this education, I taught English in two South Carolina school districts (Richland 2 and Lexington/Richland School District 5), functioned as the at-risk coordinator (SAIL) at Chapin High School, and became an Assistant Principal at Camden High School in 2010. Now, I am blessed and excited to be the proud principal of the best old high school anywhere! During the past 13 years, we have practiced our “Commitment to Excellence,” and we will continue to excel. In addition to being a certified Google Educator, I am a SREB Literacy Design Collaborative local trainer and an ASCD Emerging Leader. I am married to Craig, who is the Special Services Coordinator for Richland School District 2. We have three children- Lainey, a student at Camden High School; Camy, a student at Camden Middle School; and Colton, a student at Camden Elementary School.
- 2023 Principal’s Gold Level in the Center for Executive Education Leadership (CEEL) program.
- 2022 Principal’s Silver Level in the Center for Executive Education Leadership (CEEL) program.
- 2018-2019 ASCD Emerging Leader
- 2016 NASSP Assistant Principal of the Year Finalist
- 2016 SC Secondary Assistant Principal of the Year
- District and School Level Teacher of the Year
- Ed.D. (in process) in Educational Practice and Innovation with a concentration in Education Systems Improvement
- Ed.S. in Educational Leadership from the University of South Carolina (Superintendent Licensure)
- M.Ed. in Educational Leadership from the University of South Carolina
- B.A. in English Language and Literature from Winthrop University
School: 803-425-8930 ext. 3605
I received my B.S. degree from Newberry College in 1981. I completed my Master’s Degree from Capella University in 2010 and received my administrative certification shortly thereafter.
I began my teaching career with Kershaw County School District in the summer of 1998 at Camden High as a Physical Education/Health instructor, assistant varsity football coach and Head JV Boy’ basketball coach. I became an assistant principal in June of 2012. I am thrilled to be working with our teachers, staff and student body in the capacity of assistant principal for the 11th grade.
I am a firm believer in the notion that with time, patience, understanding, commitment, dedication and hard work all students have the capacity to learn and reach their full potential in life. I look forward to continuing with this process in our commitment to Bulldog Excellence.
School: 803-425-8930 ext. 3603
Hello and Greetings Bulldog Family!
Originally from the Lowcountry, it is with great excitement and anticipation that I continue my career with KCSD, but change gears by being the newest addition to the administrative staff, here at CHS! I can not express how thankful I am for the opportunity to connect with such great students, families, and other stakeholders in the community.
In 1997, I graduated from Carolina with a B.A. in English and I currently hold two Master's degrees.
While teaching is my passion, I make time for things I love, such as family, friends, Carolina games, shopping, and reading.
I look forward to an awesome school year. Hope you do, too!
Degrees and Certifications:
- B.A. English (1997) USC-Columbia
- M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction(2010) UoP
- M.Ed. Supervision and Administration (SWU)
School: 803-425-8930 ext. 3604
I graduated from Hanau American High School in Germany. I received my undergraduate degree from Coker College and my master's degree from Phoenix University. My first year in the classroom was 2005 in the Social Studies Department at Camden High. I moved into administration as an Assistant Principal in the 2021-2022 school year.
My wife Tess is a CHS graduate as are my two children--Rebecca and Jacob. I am the proud grandfather of James and Natalee. I enjoy all sports. After coaching for 21 years, I spend most of my free time playing golf.
I am very thankful to work with the CHS staff in many capacities. I believe in our motto "Hard Work Pays Off" and I will do whatever it takes to help all of our students succeed.
Degrees and Certifications:
- Coker College: B.S. in History/Education
- Master's Degree in Administration
- Certified Gifted and Talented
- Certified Mentor teacher